This course offers you a comprehensive view of using a Balanced Scorecard Management System. The course is based on the Balanced Scorecard Institutes “Nine Steps to Success” ™ framework in helping organisations focus on results through an aligning their strategy with their operational and individual performance goals. The course is delivered in a practical manner, with group exercises and relevant content and evaluations culminating in a certification exam.
Course Details - Balanced Scorecard Professional
- Basic concepts of the balanced scorecard and how it can be used to improve organization performance
- How the balanced scorecard applies to different types of organizations
- How to build and implement a balanced scorecard using the Institute’s award-winning nine-step methodology
- How to develop meaningful performance measures and target
- How a scorecard system can drive a performance-informed budget and accountability
- How to get performance information throughout the organization to better inform decision making through scorecard automation
- How to cascade the scorecard to all levels of an organization
- How to design and implement a scorecard where other frameworks have already been introduced
- How to revise poorly designed scorecard elements
- How to overcome obstacles and real world challenges
- How to evaluate planning documents and processes
Take this course and an exam to qualify for Balanced Scorecard Professional (BSP) certification. Participants can later “upgrade” to Balanced Scorecard Master Professional (BSMP) certification! In addition, this course can be used towards the Association of Strategic Planning’s Body of Knowledge requirements for Strategic Management Professional (SMP) and Strategic Planning Professional (SPP) certification and recertification.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for executives, managers, planners and analysts who are part of a balanced scorecard development team, and are seeking the best practical ideas for improving organizational performance.
Intellectual Property Note
Certification and training related to the Nine Steps to SuccessTM methodology is for internal facilitation and personal use only. Any use of the Nine Steps to SuccessTM or other Institute intellectual property beyond internal facilitation use without a formal affiliate or associate agreement with the Institute is prohibited.
Participants will understand the key concepts of the balanced scorecard, and why it is gaining so much attention in corporate, non-profit, and governmental organizations. Participants will learn a systematic, nine-step methodology for building and implementing the balanced scorecard, based on the performance management theory developed at Harvard University and the Institute’s international balanced scorecard consulting experience. Participants will receive a Performance Scorecard ToolkitTM with worksheets for each step of the methodology, and a CD with course and reference material.
How Virtual Training works
Each Session will involve online instructor led tutorials, group discussions and case study group work
One three-hour session, Monday to Friday for two weeks.
Daily 9:00 -12:00 CAT Johannesburg Time Zone
On your Computer or Laptop,
Benefits of Virtual Instructor Led Training
Request a Proposal
Enrollment & Payments
Fill in the contact form and a course advisor will send you an official proposal with a confirmation sheet that will need to fill in to book your seat on the course. Once a confirmation sheet is received you will receive an invoice
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
An invoice for the selected course will be forwarded to you. Registrations must be made and paid for in full prior to the courses starting. Should your organisation provide us with an official purchase order prior to payment this will be sufficient to start the course. Course Certificates will only be issued once payment is made. The preferred method of payment is by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or International transfer to our bank account using the account details located at the bottom of your invoice.